North Melbourne are yet to decide whether Jarrad Waite will be at the AFL club next year.
The Kangaroos dropped a pre-finals bombshell on Wednesday, revealing Brent Harvey, Drew Petrie, Michael Firrito and Nick Dal Santo will not be offered contracts for 2017.
Former Carlton forward Waite, who is currently sidelined with a hip injury, is also approaching the end of his career.
Waite will be 34 years old when the 2017 season starts.
The Kangaroos are expected to retain Waite but coach Brad Scott was tightlipped about the topic.
"The discussions are ongoing as to the rest of our list build," Scott said, when asked about Waite.
Waite underwent hip surgery last month in an effort to be fully fit for finals.
Scott confirmed he will not play against Greater Western Sydney on Saturday, when the Kangaroos' regular season wraps up at Etihad Stadium.
"Waitey we're training up and aiming to get him cherry ripe for an assault at finals," Scott said.
"But he won't play this week."
Scott also ruled out the prospect of injured trio Ben Jacobs, Scott Thompson and Sam Wright facing the Giants.
Shaun Higgins and Luke McDonald could however both return on the weekend.
"They're the two most likely (Higgins and McDonald). It depends on how they train," Scott said.
Meanwhile, Scott hoped Harvey, Petrie, Firrito and Dal Santo would stay involved with the club.
"All of the boys will play significant roles in the football club's future ... if they're really keen to be involved," Scott said.
"On field for mentoring and potentially coaching the players, and off field ambassadorial roles.
"But the legacy they've left will be indelible and enduring."